I love the versatility of Chocolate Brownies and these are of no exception……eat them on their own, or warm with ice cream or you can really push the boat out and use them in a Salted Caramel Sundae with ice cream, squirty cream, chocolate sauce and a salted caramel crunch! Either way I know you’ll love them!
These gluten free chocolate brownies are very gooey and ooze a salted caramel layer on the inside whilst still being crispy on the outside…….they are a pure indulgence I have to say and my family absolutely love them!
Gluten Free Salted Caramel Brownies!
- 200g Dark 70% Cocoa Chocolate (Gluten Free)
- 175g Salted Butter
- 325g Caster Sugar
- 160g Gluten Free Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 200g Tinned Caramel (I used Carnation Caramel)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Rock Salt for sprinkling!
- Preheat the oven to 170℃/Gas 3
- Grease and line a 23cm square baking tray/cake tin with greaseproof paper
- Add the salt to the tinned caramel and mix until well combined.
- Chop up the chocolate and melt along with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl isn’t touching the water)
- Once the butter and chocolate has melted, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar until it’s well incorporated
- Add in the flour and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place approximately half the brownie mixture in the prepared tin, spoon half the caramel mixture over it and smooth slightly to distribute it evenly
- Cover with the remaining brownie mixture, then spoon remaining caramel mixture over the top and gently swirl through the mixture
- Sprinkle very lightly with the rock salt and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. The caramel may be bubbling slightly, the centre will be soft but and the surface will be flaky
- Leave to cool, before removing from the tin and cutting into 16 squares.
How will you eat yours…..
Eat and Enjoy…which ever way you choose!