Nothing beats a good cheesecake for dessert and this cheesecake is so quick and simple to do and is probably my favourite one to eat! It is made up of 5 ingredients (6 if you include the optional grated chocolate for decoration!) It can be made as a large sharing cheesecake or if its for a dinner party then it can be made and served individually in glass tumblers……..or if you want to be bang on trend you could make and serve it individually in small Kilner glasses! Ideal for alfresco dining!
So this quick and simple cheesecake can be ready to eat in just over an hour if necessary! Although it can also be made the night before….just store in the fridge until it’s ready to eat!
This recipe can also be easily adapted! Replace the limes with lemons to make a lemon cheesecake (you’ll need one less lemon than you do limes!) or use ginger biscuits for the base instead of digestives! Either way, this is a delicious quick and simple recipe.
Easy Gluten Free Lime Cheesecake
- 300g Gluten Free Digestive biscuits
- 125g Melted Butter
- 1x 400g tin Condensed Milk
- 200mls Double cream
- 6 Limes
- 2 tablespoons Grated Dark Chocolate (optional)
- Grease a 9inch/23cm spring form cake tin
- Crush the digestive buiscuits however you prefer. I place the digestive biscuits in a large bowl and crush with the end of a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter to the biscuits and combine thoroughly
- Place the crumb mixture in the prepared tin and spread and flatten ensuring all the base is well covered.
- Place in the fridge to cool for at least 20 minutes
- Zest and juice 5 of the limes
- Place the condensed milk and double cream in a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer whisk for a few minutes until we’ll combined.
- Add the zest and juice of the limes and whisk, magically the mixture thickens once the lime juice has been added!
- Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and top with the cheesecake mixture.
- Smooth the mixture evenly across the biscuit base and sprinkle with the grated chocolate if you are using it!
- Thinly slice the remaining lime and use the slices to decorate the cheesecake how ever you wish!
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before gently removing it from the tin and placing it on a flat plate to serve.
- Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.