I’m a massive fan of the Great British Bake Off and am so happy it’s back on the TV for my weekly fix! I have watched every series since it began, I’ve even met the Silver Fox, Paul Hollywood, himself when I was in the audience of The Great British Bake Off Extra Slice! He admired my cakes and the model of him on my cake! I’m aiming to do a gluten free version of one of the bakes on the Bake Off every week. Last week we were on holiday in Anglesey so I haven’t yet had the time to make any of the bakes from the first show! I’ve purchased the ingredients for the Walnut Cake so watch this space, hopefully I’ll manage to make, bake and blog about it soon!
Anyway….Week 2 was biscuit week, so out came the cookbooks and recipes! I decided to adapt a John Whaite recipe for Biscotti Biscuits from his first book for my biscuits. Mine however are White Chocolate, Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Biscuits and of course they are gluten free too!
Gluten Free White Chocolate, Cranberry & Pistachio Biscotti!
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- 75g Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 50g dried cranberries
- 40g pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g white chocolate chips
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / gas 4
- Put all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg and milk
- Mix with a metal spoon before gathering the dough in to a ball and knead until well combined (if the mixture is very sticky add a little more g/f flour)
- Place the dough on a work top lightly dusted with gluten free flour and roll into a fat sausage about 23cm long.
- Carefully place the dough onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and carefully lift onto a chopping board then using a sharp serrated knife cut into just over 1 cm slices
- Place the slices bake on the baking tray very carefully so they don’t crumble
- Place the slices back in the oven and reduce the heat to 130ºC/gas 1/2 and bake for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Eat & Enjoy