I recently entered The Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Magical Bake Off with my Gluten Free Battenburg Cake and was lucky to be one of the weekly winners. My prize was a selection of some of their gluten free mixes. Me being me decided to adapt the recipe and with a jar of Asda Salted Caramel Sauce in my cupboard I decided I would do a salted caramel version so I could compare it to my own recipe for Gluten Free Salted Caramel Brownies.
The mix requires you just to add melted butter and 2 eggs so with those in the fridge & with half a jar of Asda salted Caramel in the cupboard I didn’t even need to venture out to the shops to create this bake! The mix was so easy to make too, eat it cold or serve warm as a dessert with icecream or cream….either way it’s delicious!
This mix with the added salted caramel sauce was absolutely delicious and completely comparable to my own recipe. In fact if I was given them.both I can honestly say I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference! The following week I found our local Co-op had began selling the Brownie Mix! That along with the fact I have to drive miles to purchase gluten free dark chocolate to make my recipe means a 2 mile trip to my local co-op actually makes it so much more convenient to make as a quick bake if I’m in a hurry! I’ve never been a cake mix person…I’m a cake baker through and through but this mix has definitely won me over and at £2.99 a packet it is actually excellent value for money and very comparable cost wise to making it all from scratch! I’ll definitely be storing a packet in my cupboard from now on, for the days I need a quick bake and I have little time! I love it!!
Anyway on to the recipe….
- 1x packet of Delicious Alchemy Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 100g salted butter ( melted )
- 2x eggs beaten
- Approximately half a jar of Asda Salted Caramel Sauce (please check this is still gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 170ºC / Gas 3.
- Grease and line an 8″ square cake tin.
- Put the Brownie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix in well until a batter is beginning to form.
- Mix in the beaten egg until thoroughly mixed to form a smooth batter.
- Place half of the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Place 12 blobs of the caramel sauce (each a large teaspoon size) on to the mixture.
- Cover with the remaining batter mix and smooth over to level it out evenly.
- Place approximately 10 teaspoons of the salted caramel sauce over the top of the mixture and gently swirl and level it out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 12- 16 equal slices.