With the festive season fast approaching and today being National Cookie Day, I thought I’d share with you all this lovely recipe for Gluten Free Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies! These cookies are crunchy on the inside and gooey in the middle, just how I like my cookies! I use this recipe frequently and adapt it to a variety of flavours. I adapted it to be dairy free as well as gluten free for my Gluten Free, Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies, so if you need dairy free as well as gluten free follow the link above for the recipe and add white chocolate dairy free buttons and cranberries into the mixture instead of the milk chocolate buttons!
These are so quick and easy to do and my kids loved baking them when they were younger….in fact, they still do now!
- 300g (10oz) gluten free plain flour
- 225g (8oz) sugar
- 5ml (1tsp) bicarbonate of Soda
- 1x 11/2 5ml (11/2 tsp) gluten free baking powder
- 170g (6oz) butter
- 15ml (1tbsp) golden Syrup
- 2x15ml (2tbsp) milk
- 150g white chocolate chunks
- 100g dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 150℃/Gas 2.
- Place the chocolate chunks in the freezer whilst preparing the cookie dough.
- Line 3 baking trays with greaseproof paper and lightly grease the greaseproof paper.
- Place the butter and golden syrup in a heavy based saucepan and melt over a low heat, making sure it doesn’t boil and stir occasionally.
- Place the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl
- Once the butter and syrup has melted pour it over the dry ingredients, then add the milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Leave to cool for approximately 10 minutes
- Remove the chocolate chunks from the freezer and stir into the cookie dough mixture along with the cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Form the dough into balls, approximately the size of walnuts and place them well apart on the prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until they have spread and are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking trays and placing them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Eat & Enjoy…..and try to share them!