Merry Christmas to you all! This year I have made a simply delicious and boozy trifle as an alternative to the traditional Christmas Pudding! A lot of people have been talking about this on various coeliac websites, so I thought I’d write up my Gluten Free version to share with you all. I made it a few weeks ago and it vanished before I had time to take any photos!! I have made it this morning after a few glasses of champagne and whilst enjoying a pre lunch sherry…..so please bear with any mistakes, but I really wanted to share it with you today, it really is boozy and divine!!
- 1x gluten free brownie mix, made up and cooled
- 1x packet Schar Chocolate fingers
- 120mls Baileys
- 30ml Camp coffee (or 2-3 tablespoons coffee)
- 1x 500ml carton of fresh custard
- 100g dark chocolate broken into chunks (make sure it is a gluten free bar!)
- 100mls Baileys
- 500mls double cream
- 25g icing sugar
- Cut up the chocolate brownie into approximately 1 inch squares and place in a large trifle bowl
- Break up the Schar chocolate fingers into 1-2cm pieces and scatter over the brownie.
- Mix together the camp coffee and 120mls of Baileys together and pour over the brownie and chocolate fingers and gently fold and mix together.
- Place the custard and chocolate in a saucepan and gently heat until all the chocolate has melted.
- Allow the custard to cool slightly before pouring it over the trifle brownies
- Cover lightly with clingfilm and allow to cool before placing the trifle in a fridge to chill
- Once the trifle has cooled, whisk together the cream, Baileys and Icing sugar until it forms soft peaks
- Gently remove the clingfilm from the trifle, carefully place the cream layer on the top of the trifle and chill until ready to serve!
Eat & Enjoy!!!