So…I cheated…no baking for these delicious Doughnuts! I discovered how to make these by mistake! Everyone else was having homemade Chelsea buns on our walk, so not wanting to miss out I got myself a Schar sweet brioche bun, sliced it, filled it with raspberry jam and iced it! On the walk the icing vanished and left me with a sweet raspberry bun that reminded me of the doughnuts I use to eat pre diagnosis 17 years ago! This then gave me the idea to make these beauties!
Recipe for Cheats Gluten Free Jam Doughnuts
- 1 packet Schar Sweet Brioche Buns
- 2-3 tablespoons seeded raspberry jam.
- 5-6 tablespoons caster sugar
- Bakers syringe (you can pick up a cheap one on Amazon)
- Pastry brush
- Put the jam in a microwave safe bowl and heat the jam for 30-60 seconds, or until jam is hot and runny.
- Draw up the Jam into the syringe, warning the jam is very hot and can burn you! (I found it easier to do this one at a time!)
- Inject approximately 1-2 teaspoons of jam into the roll
- Once all the rolls are filled, brush the outside of the roll with the jam. This only needs to be a light coating, just to make the outside sticky!
- Roll the jam in the sugar.
- Allow the sugar to stick!
Eat and enjoy!!!